If you have hair thinning, you are in the right place! Check this out. The hair building fibers are also known as Keratin fibers or simply hair fibers. The fibers can be a solution to hair thinning producing instant results. The good news is that this can be used by both men and women.
In this article, you will find information on the following topics. If you have thin it is certainly worth scrolling through.
- How to apply hair building fibers?
- Are there any precautions to take while applying?
- Where in the house should I apply fibers?
- Is there a room i should go to for applying fibers?
- What is the benefit of combing the hair?
- How do fibers work?
- How many types of hair building fibers are available?
- For what colored hair is fibers available?
- Are the results permanent?
- Are there any side effects?
- Are there scientific references related to fibers?
How to apply hair building fibers?
It is easy to apply. The hair building fibers that i tried comes in a powder form. It is easy to apply.
- Wet your hair to begin with and dry it well
- Comb your hair. This is important to charge the hair as you see below.
- Open the lid of hair fiber and sprinkle it gently on areas of thin hair
- Comb your hair again or move your fingers over the hair
- Apply spray to hold the fibers tightly
Are there any precautions to take while applying?
There are no major precautions. However, some general principles followed will get you a better result
- Make sure you dry your hair before applying. Any application to wet hair will make the fibers clump on the hair. If this happens, you can wash it off and reapply.
- Do not overdo the fibers. The fibers can again clump and give the appearance of weird looking spots.
- Do not comb immediately after spray. Let the spray dry for a few minutes. If not, this can rub the fibers off.
- Be careful of rain or water exposure when you step outside. A few rain drops may not be a problem. But any water can risk washing off the powder and risk of running on the face.
- Do not put any oil on the hair. The fibers wont still well on an oily hair.
Is there a room i should go to for applying fibers?
The fiber application can be tedious and messy until you get used to it. If you are new to this like how i tried this for the first time, the fiber was all over my clothes and my bathroom countertop. Pick a place where you can safely apply remembering that the fibers may sprinkle all over you creating a mess.
The ideal position may be in front of the bathroom mirror where it is easy to clean. Also standing in front of the mirror will give you an idea about the extent of application.
What is the benefit of combing the hair?
Combing your hair where the powder was placed or just moving your hand on it to make it look natural. The combing process or the moving hand actually makes the hair fibers bind with the hair better to give the appearance of a head full of hair.
How do fibers work?
According to scientific studies, the fibers are made of keratin protein and are derived from rice, rayon, wool and sometimes human hair. The fibers work based on simple physics where opposite charges are attracted to each other. The fibers are positively charged. Combing hair prior to fiber application creates negative charge in the hair and hence the fibers gets attracted to hair. The results tend to be better where there is some hair on the head to create that attractive force.
If you are interested to learn more about the scientific evidence behind this, check the links at the end of this section.
How many types of hair building fibers are available?
I have reacted to the video from a brand called Toppik. There are a few companies that makes this product. I tried two different products. I have included the brand and the video that i have commented on in the video. Do check this out if you are interested in this
For what colored hair is fibers available?
The hair building fibers are available in many different colors. When i went to buy it, i saw the following colors:
There were also a few different shades within each. I believe the spray is just one type for all hair colors.
Are the results permanent?
The results of this powder is actually temporary now this is good and bad. This is good because you can just wash this off and then the powder will go away. The bad news in if you ever step out in the rain or when ever there is a potential your hair can be exposed to water you may want to be careful because you don’t want the powder to be washed off in public.
Are there any side effects?
The products contain chemicals. There may be side effects like
- Allergic reactions
- Skin irritation
However, at the time of writing this i could not find any major side effects reported.
Are there scientific references related to fibers?
There are scientific references on hair camouflage techniques and here are some references if you are interested.
If you have hair thinning or hair loss or baldness and you desire to get a natural looking hair, the hair Building Fibers is worth a try. These are easily available online and perhaps many stores. If you have any questions reach out at DrRajeevIyer@gmail.com and check out other videos on hair growth on youtube
VIDEO DISCLAIMER: All the views expressed in this video and other videos in the channel are personal opinions of the speakers and do not represent the views of the organizations either past or present they represent MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER: All content in this video and description including information, opinions, content, references, and links are for informational purposes ONLY. Accessing, viewing, reading, or otherwise using this content, or providing any medical information to the author does NOT create a physician-patient relationship. The information in this video is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for services of a trained physician or health care professional, or otherwise to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should consult a licensed physician or appropriately credentialed health care worker or your own doctor/healthcare professional in all matters relating to your health or your child’s health or both. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have seen or read in this video.